Things I Heart
tea, denim shirts, oreos, scarves, accents, Paris, boots, chunky sweaters, Audrey Hepburn, books, glitter, New York City, travel, sushi, lattes, mascara, the ocean, writing, airports, magazines, country music, London, baseball, pearls, photography, exploring, beer, museums, crafts, walking, road trips, fashion.
Introducing: The No Fail Packing List
After constantly being on the road for almost a year, I’ve become quite the professional packer. Here are the things that I’ve found to be the most versatile; after all, no one likes being yelled at in the airport for their bag being overweight (not that I have any personal experience with this or anything….)
1. Stretchy black pants. I also love these in a bright color. “Minnie” pants, J.Crew
2, A basic black blazer makes even a t-shirt look classy. H&M
3. Leather riding boots are just as comfortable and WAY cuter than Uggs. Target
4. Printed tights keep you looking chic and feeling warm. Kate Spade
5. Colorful flats brighten up basics. Tory Burch
6. A light jacket in a basic color is versatile. L.L. Bean
7. Scarves. Seriously pack a hundred of them. They weigh nothing and always look great.
8. Nude pumps go with everything and make your legs look longer Jessica Simpson
9. Dark skinny jeans with some stretch are comfy enough for the plane but way more chic than sweats Levi’s
10. An Oxford shirt is crisp and easy to wear Ralph Lauren
11. A Basic skirt in a fun color can be dressed up with heels or down with flats “Crinkle City Skirt”, J.Crew
12. Black flats are perfect for every day. Tory Burch
13. Cardigans in basics and brights can be worn for any occasion. “Jackie Cardigan”, J.Crew.
12 Beauty Must-Haves
After looking at my bank account and wondering where in the name of all that is holy did my money go, I slowly came to a realization: I am a beauty product addict. Here are my current favorites:
1. Benefit “Hello Flawless” foundation with SPF 20
2. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
3.. “Healthy Sexy Hair” hairspray with soy
4. Maybelline “One By One” mascara
5. Pantene “Beautiful Lengths” deep conditioning mask
6. Urban Decay eyeshadows in “Foxy”, Half-Baked”, and “Bootycall”
7. Neutrogena Oil Free Cleansing Wipes in Pink Grapefruit
8. Ponds Dry Skin Cream
9. Revlon Colorburst gloss in “Bellini”
10. Benefit blush in “Dandelion”
11. Benefit bronzer in “Hula”
12. Bath and Body Works lotion, fragrance, and body wash in “Twilight Woods”
Style Inspiration: Taylor Swift
Say what you will about her music (I personally love the constant boy bashing), but Taylor has undoubtedly risen to the top of the style crop. She used to be known for her messy curls, sundresses, and cowboy boots; now she’s a true style setter, both on and off the red carpet.
I love how she mixes playful prints with pops of color, and she ALWAYS keeps it classy. You’ll never get a crotch flash with this gal! Keep up the good work Tay Tay.